- Socio-economic development of the countries of “the Belt and Road”.
- Transformation of the economic, political and business system in the countries of “the Belt and Road”.
- Transborder corridors and their impact on the socio-economic development of the countries of “the Belt and Road”.
- Innovation management, innovation in transport and links between business and government.
- Influence of “the Belt and Road” on the institutions of family, marriage and youth.
- Socio-philosophical and political aspects of modern transformations of the state and society in the countries of “the Belt and Road”.
- Psychological and humanitarian aspects of the development of “the Belt and Road”.
25 years ago, People’s Republic of China established the diplomatic relations with Ukraine. 25 years’ time; we developed our friendships and promoted our communications in many fields. In September 2016, I was glad to visit Ukraine with my colleagues, from Kiev to Odessa we felt a unique Ukraine. Though thousands ‘history, Silk way created spring of friendship, communication and cooperation, until today the light of wisdom.
Chinese President Xi Jinping put forward the Silk Road Economic Belt and the twenty-first Century Maritime Silk Road initiative，The spirit of friendship and cooperation, which is represented by the Silk Road，Jointly promote Infrastructure connectivity new Silk Road along countries and Prosperity and development.
In ancient Greece，Odessa is an important trade channel on the Black Sea coast，and is an important node in the silk road. For thousands of years，in silk way along countries people exchanges and mutual learning，To convey the spirit of friendship, cooperation and the spirit of civilization，As the silk road ahead and laid the foundation of the spirit.
I hope that our cooperation with Odessa National Maritime University will create good results.
In January 2017, it was 25 years since the establishment of diplomatic relations between Ukraine and the People's Republic of China. During this time, Odessa National Maritime University has achieved significant success in cooperation with higher educational institutions and enterprises of the People's Republic of China. Today, students from the People's Republic of China studying at the ONMU, students from the ONMU studying in the Chinese universities on the double diploma program, participate in partial studies at the Shanghai Maritime University, and 8 agreements on cooperation in the educational and scientific spheres with the universities of China.
Especially I want to mark our cooperation with the Institute of Sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, on the initiative of which we have opened a joint Ukrainian-Chinese In English: Research Center of Social Development of “the Belt and Road” along countries and each year we hold scientific conferences devoted to the problems of the New Silk Road.
West and East, ancient world and Chinese civilization - Great Silk Road - the symbol of their relations. The Great Silk Road - truly evidence about unthinkable level of international relations, relations from seashore Mediterranean Sea to the Big China flatland. Exchange of mental and social values – the highest achievement of working Great Silk Road.
Researches of questions, which associate with New Silk Road, are important scientific mission today.
I hope that our further cooperation with the Institute of Sociology of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences will be another step in the Ukrainian-Chinese scientific cooperation and join Ukraine into the New Silk Road.
The history of cooperation between the Odessa National Maritime University and the Institute of Sociology of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences began in 2016 with the signing the Agreement of Cooperation and organization of the First International Scientific Conference " Social transformation: family, marriage, youth, middle class and management innovation in New Silk Way along countries " September 14-18, 2016.
April, 24-26, 2017, the II International Scientific Conference “Social transformation: family, marriage, youth, transport and management innovation in New Silk Way along countries” was held in Odessa National Marine University in cooperation with the Institute of Sociology of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences with the support of the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Odessa and the Southern Scientific Center of the Transport Academy of Ukraine.
On April 25, 2017, was signed Agreement for Research Center of Social Development of “the Belt and Road” along countries between Institute of Sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences аnd Odessa National Maritime University. The opening ceremony of the Ukrainian-Chinese Research Center of Social Development of “the Belt and Road” along countries was held at a meeting of the Academic Council of the ONMU. Representatives of the Institute of Sociology of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, led by the Deputy director of the Institute of Sociology, Mr. Zhao Kebin; Consul General of the People's Republic of China in Odessa, Ms. Zhao Xiangrong; Representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine in Odessa, Mr. Rzhepishevsky K.I.
On October 30, 2018, in the framework of the Third International Scientific Conference "Social Development in "The Belt and Road” along countries: New Silk Way Development in Ukraine", the official office of the Research Center of Social Development of “the Belt and Road” along countries was opened. There will be held classes with the participation of scientists from the two countries, there is literature on history, economy, traditions and strategy of China's development.
During the period from December 5 - 8, 2017, the Research Center of Social Development of “the Belt and Road” along countries organized the First Chinese-Ukrainian Scholars' High Academic Dialogue "China's Opportunities for Ukraine" in Beijing (China). The ONMU delegation of eight people was headed by the rector of the university prof. Rudenko S.V. Each of the participants in the dialogue was given the opportunity to present a report and make suggestions on expanding the cooperation between the ONMU and CASS.
Research Center of Social Development of “the Belt and Road” along countries in the Odessa National Maritime University is created with the purpose of implementing joint research projects on social development between Ukraine and China and the countries of “the Belt and Road”.
- The purpose of the Research Center is Conducting research on the social development of “the Belt and Road”.
- Provide organizational and technical support in the process of realization of implemented activities (projects).
- Implicate the resources of the Parties to carrying out the identified Activities (projects).
- Encourage students, academic staff, administration and other interested parties:
- to participate in joint international scientific and practical conferences, seminars, round tables, creative discussions;
- to develop and implement of research projects, methodological educational programs;
- to take part in publication of joint scientific monographs, collections of scientific papers, curriculums, textbooks, workshops;
- to exchange experience and innovative technologies, didactic and scientific materials, publications.